BPRS Foster Program
If you are unclear if you’re ready for a lifelong commitment or what kind of dog would fit into your family, but you aren't ready to give up on having a dog altogether, fostering for a rescue might be the answer for you. Foster homes are a much needed resource. If you want to help save the lives of dogs, becoming a foster home is just one way to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hear from some of our current fosters about our fostering program
- What is fostering? A foster is a temporary placement for dogs in a rescue. The foster home will be responsible for basic house and obedience training, socialization, health care, and temperament assessment.
- Who covers the foster dog's costs? Bobbie’s Pit Bull Rescue and Sanctuary, Inc. (BPRS) will cover all costs related to fostering a dog like veterinary care, crate, collar, leash, food, and much more and will provide guidance and training whenever it is needed.
- How long does a foster dog stay? This can vary greatly. An older dog in the golden years of his life may be with you until the end, but a puppy may only be in your home for a few weeks.
- What happens if the foster dog doesn’t get along with others in my family? If this happens, you must notify BPRS immediately and we will help you overcome the situation, whether it requires additional training or another placement. We will make every effort to place a dog with you that you can handle.
- Do I get to pick the dog I want to foster? We will try our best to accommodate your wishes. However, BPRS will place a dog based on need, temperament, and your abilities.
- Do I get to know who is adopting my foster? Absolutely! All foster parents are given the option of talking to potential adopters in the final stages of the application process. This helps the adopters get more information about a dog's temperament, and helps you get to know their potential forever family better!
- How do you not get attached? You do get attached! Every dog you foster will always hold a piece of your heart. Some of our fosters like to think of fostering as "watching a dog for someone who doesn't know it's theirs yet."
"Our family loves fostering for Bobbie's Pitbull Rescue. We enjoy being able to help socialize the pups with our dogs, family, and friends. It is so rewarding to see puppies who may have not had the best start to life, thrive, and come out of their 'shells'. The rescue equips all fosters with everything they need to care for the pup."
"I love fostering for BPRS because I love the breed and I love their mission. It’s like a big family. Everyone is so kind and their love for the dogs is unbelievable. There isn’t anything they won’t do to save a dog. They make fostering easy. If there is a question or something is going on with my foster that needs attention, they are responsive and act immediately. I love being a part of the rescue and contributing to a great cause."
|If fostering sounds like something you would be
interested in, please click here to fill out our
Foster Application and join our team!